Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Walka Walka

I gave myself two days off from exercise. On occasion, my muscles ache. I find that when I take a break, I have time to repair and I feel much better.

Okay, so I overdid it a little. I took Eowyn to the cemetery, where we took a very windy walk. The wind was so cold--another front moving in. I didn't hardly pay attention to the walk, so much as I did just keeping warm. When we were done, I didn't want to really stop. So, she and I went to another local park.

I was desperately hoping to see the trees in bloom, but they were only in bud. I was disappointed but looked forward to their potential. Fortunately, we were blocked from the wind, no one was around, so the walk was calming.

I noticed a tree that looked as if it didn't have too much longer to live. It's bark was falling off. I looked closely at the exposure and noticed miniature tracks. They were beautiful and sad. I knew that this lovely pattern was leading to this destruction of this old tree. So, I touched the tree and wished it well...a full recovery. I like to touch the big, old trees. They've been around for so long...another organic creature.

When we got home, I wanted to move some more, so I mowed the front lawn. I can only get half done before I am out of breath. I thought with all the walking and the swimming that I would have been able to last longer, but that wasn't so. I stuck my tongue out at my neighbor's lawn. Mine was done before her's. She's so meticulous that no matter what I do my lawn looks like it belongs on the other side of town. Just for two days. Give me those two days. She usually gets off of work early on Fridays, and then snip, snip, snips. I noticed she's got a lot of creeping charlie, too. Hee, hee.

I fell to sleep for about two hours, from 5 to 7 PM. Dead to the world. I know I won't sleep worth a crap tonight, but that seems to be my MO each day anymore. Not sure whether to accept it or complain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? Add it here.