Monday, April 22, 2013

In Heaven

A few weeks ago, I wrote about a perfect day. I find it interesting that the day came out as my last day on Earth. As reference, understand that I have come up with the idea that I'd like to start or live in a utopian community for the elderly. Here goes:

  1. I sleep in a comfortable bed. The best bed I've slept in was as the downtown Hilton in Chicago, so it'd be like that. 
  2. I hear a mellow gong about dawn. I can make the choice to get up and join others or I can sleep. I am not judged for my decision.
  3. I get up.
  4. I take a long, hot Japanese bath outdoors and tune into nature.
  5. I get dressed in loose-fitting cotton or linen.
  6. I eat a slight breakfast.
  7. I join others in front of a lake to do tai chi.
  8. I walk to the garden and get fresh vegetables. I wash them off. 
  9. If I'm tired, I lay in a hammock and fall to sleep reading a book.
  10. I wake up to a lovely healthy wholesome lunch, featuring the vegetables I'd picked earlier.
  11. Not sure why I included this, but I love this idea. I spend the afternoon taking care of babies. I sit in a tub, am handed a baby, and wash the baby...balancing him/her on my crossed legs. After I'm done, I hold the babies, one by one, feed them and rock them to sleep. I fall into a deep sleep after I'm done. 
  12. I wake up to another mellow gong. It's time for dinner. 
  13. I sit outside with my friends. There's a lot of good food, wine, and chatter. Children run around. Babies are balanced on laps, and then handed around to other adults when they get fussy.
  14. I bid goodnight to everyone I love or am fond of, and I sleep a wonderful deep sleep.
  15. I get awakened by my female friends. They are wanting to swim nude in the lake.
  16. I giggle because they giggle. 
  17. We walk to the boat ramp and jump off.
  18. The lights turn on in the back of the house. 
  19. We yell, in unison, to turn them off. 
  20. We notice some of the men running naked, coming to join us.
  21. We applaud and giggle some more.
  22. We are like children, teenagers, young adults, middle agers, and old people.
  23. We sing. We chant, We create our own songs. Nature joins with us in a coyote howl. We emulate right back.
  24. My body tires, as does my mind. 
  25. I leave my friends and crawl into bed, a little wet and quite naked. 
  26. I look at the doorway. One of the men, who've I've had an eye for joins me under the sheets.
  27. We make sweet love and fall to sleep in each other's arms. 
  28. As the flame on my bedside goes out, so does my life.
Babies don't need a vacation, but I still see them at the beach...it pisses me off! I'll go over to a little baby and say, "What are you doing here? You haven't worked a day in your life!" -- Steven Wright

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? Add it here.